Wildtangent Fansite - Active Forum Archive

An active archive of old Wildtangent forums topics and posts. Members already registered or new members allowed in by an Admin may also make new posts.
It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Public forum = non-members can see contents.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Title: Golden Rule adherent
Tutorial: How do I register for Our Forum?
Part I

Yes, I realize that if you can read this you are already registered. I don't really want to post this in a public place as it would tend to negate the usefulness of our Spam Trap. What I do hope is that you can use this to help your friends register and get them logged into the forum. Feel free to print the directions out to show them but ask them not to make this information generally known or the procedure will have to be changed to keep Spammers out.

1. Open your browser and go to the Wildtangent Fansite at https://wildtangentfansite.com/ .
  2. Click on the Our Forum button at the top of the Navigation Bar on the right side of the page.
  3. Click on the Register link on the right side of the page.
  4. Click on the Before or the On or after button to indicate the date you were born.
  5. Read the Registration agreement and click on the "I agree to these terms" button at the bottom of the page. If you do not "agree" with the terms then you will not be allowed to join our forum.
  6. Fill in the Registration form. You may use the tab key to move from one block to another, but must never use the Enter key. The only information that must be accurate is your email address. The software will send you an email to respond to and if it bounces, registration will be denied. If you are 13 or under you will receive further instructions via email which must be accomplished before you can gain permission to join the forum.
  7. The Username (a) may be anything you wish it to be but I recommend you do not use anything that might enable anyone to know who you are, i.e., do not use your real name. My Username is Spock. You should have at least one capital letter and should make it short enough to be convenient for you. Remember, you will have to type it in every time you login. Username must be between 3 and 20 chars long and use alphanumeric, space or -+_[] characters.
  8. The Email address (b) will have to be entered twice for verification.
  9. Your password (c) may again be almost anything you wish it to be, but it should be easy for you to remember. If you do forget, there will be a link you can click on that will send an email to your registration Email reminding you what your Username and Password is. It must have mixed case letters, at least one number, and may be between 6 and 100 characters long.
  10. The Language is fixed and the Timezone (d) should be set for your locality to make following discussions in the forum easier for you.
  11. The CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION (e) is part of our Spam Trap. In order to answer the question, you will have to open a new tab to the website in order to see the text you must enter. The day of the week (f) and the first word (g) must be entered as it appears on the main website page. Use all lowercase letters to make it easier.
  12. Click on the Submit button (h) at the bottom of the page.
  13. We require verification of a working email address simply because without one, you will be unable to recover your password if you forget it.
  14. When you get your confirmation email, click on the link to verify you have access to a working email address and become a newly registered member of Our Forum.
  15. After clicking on the link, the forum will flash a message on the screen thanking you for registering and then take you to the main forum index page where you may now proceed to Login for the first time. Click on the Login button to the right of the Register button and you will be presented with the Login Screen.
    1. Enter your Username.
    2. Enter your Password.
    3. If, and only if, you are on a secure computer that only you use should you check Log me on automatically each visit. You may also hide your online status from any non-staff member currently logged in if you desire.
    4. Click on the Login button.
    5. If you forgot your password, click on the I forgot my password button.
    6. If you cannot login because the forum doesn't recognize you yet, click on the Resend activation e-mail button.
  16. Congratulations, you are now a Newly Registered Member of the Wildtangent Fansite Forums. Fortunately for you and unfortunately for Spammers, your job is not quite finished. More in the next post. ;)

Helpful Links:
FAQ TOC | Modding Tutorials |

[Thar be Dragons here ... somewhere!] .

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Title: Golden Rule adherent
Tutorial: How do I register for Our Forum?
Part II

Now comes the method of getting around the Spam Trap. It's quite simple really, read the Forum Rules for the only forum you are now allowed to post in, Purgatory. While it is a good idea to read the topics in Please read this first!, it is not mandatory to being able to gain Full Member status.

1. When you login to the forum, you should only be able to see two forums; Please read this first! and Purgatory.
  2. Click on the Purgatory forum.
  3. Once inside the Purgatory Forum, please read the Forum rules (A).
  4. Then Click on new topic (B) and make your introductory post.
  5. There is even a sample topic © to look at which reiterates what I've posted here and gives a not-so-veiled hint at what will happen if you don't ... because we will assume you to be a Spammer.

Helpful Links:
FAQ TOC | Modding Tutorials |

[Thar be Dragons here ... somewhere!] .