Wildtangent Fansite Forums

A safe place where all those interested in any games, Wildtangent or otherwise, can visit and interact.
It is currently Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:27 pm 

Hello all,
I have a question in relation to Flash Player update in the WildTangent Game Console. Since I play from time to mini online games. Now I will always pointed out that missing the Flash Player :blink: . But this is not so! Because a week ago I was able to play the popular minigame "Amazing Sheriff" :pcusr: . And now doesn't go according to any update of the Flash Player. :huh:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Title: Golden Rule adherent
OK, here comes the hard part about being our own Community, separate from Wildtangent Developers. Most such questions we get in here, we will only be able to offer suggestions with no real knowledge about what may be causing the problem. :(

If none of our suggestions help, then the only thing we can do is offer the old "Contact Customer Support" line we used to offer in the old forum. If you do end up contacting them, you should send them a link to this topic so they know what you've been through already. I have moved this topic into a more appropriate forum not only from the stand point of the question but because, if you must contact Wildtangent Support, they will be able to see it without having to join our forum. Well, here goes ...

Has your Anti-virus recently updated? Sometimes a new update will think an old file safely used for months is now part of a computer virus. It will delete it or move it to "quarantine" and the game no longer works properly. This is especially noticeable when several games use the same file, they would all be affected.

Now for the rest of the answer, wish we had a better way:
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your game. One of our forum members, all gamers like you (myself included) may have the answer to your query but it may take a while before anyone with the correct solution logs in and even reads your query. Usually such problems are related to your local hardware and/or software setup. Unfortunately, we cannot always resolve problems like that on the forum because of the many different things could lead to such problems, so I would like to suggest you contact Customer Support directly while waiting.

Click on the HELP button on the Official Wildtangent Game page and check out the Help Page to see if there is an answer there. The next place to look would be on the Knowledgebase Page. If you can find an answer there, it will be marginally quicker than contacting Customer Support directly. If you cannot find an answer there, a link is at the bottom of each of the Questions and Answers Leading to a form to contact Customer Support (via email) directly.

If you must contact Customer Support, you will have to create a new account. The username/password database for your WildCoins account is different from your Customer Service Account, if you have one. Your account for this forum has absolutely nothing to do with Wildtangent, as we are not affiliated with them in any way. You may use the same username and password if you wish, you just have to create a new account.

When they receive the email, they will immediately reply with a 12 digit confirmation number to verify they are working on your problem. If you don't get a reply quickly, they never received your email. It doesn't usually take too long to arrive at a satisfactory solution.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 am 

Well, I'll answer this detailed response than closed against. Only one, :hmm: - in Internet Explorer these flash games are playable.
Thank you for that comprehensive reply,
Greeting Volker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:08 pm 
Group Moderator
Group Moderator

Title: Gummy, gummy, gummy gummy bear
Hi Volker :)

Spock's right, we don't have WT employees here, and you should contact them.

But...

While you're waiting, we can always *try* to sort out your problem. :)

If it's not your antivirus or firewall...

Am I right in that you can play ALL the flash games in Internet Explorer,

*Some* games you can not play in other browsers. Is this right?

If so, besides the firewall thing, your other browser might have a setting blocking the flash games.

OR the browser have not updated when you updated flash. (Sometimes, they are slow to get it)

I have the same problem with JAVA sometimes, and sometimes with QUICKTIME players.

What I do is *in same window* go to the update page for the program (FLASH, for you) Click download (but you don't have to run it) and refresh the page. Then go to game again. that way you can be sure your browser updates it.

If I am wrong, and *ALL* browsers show the same problem, I would suggest download the WT console and play your games through there. It opens a special WT browser, and checks the updates as needed.

:pcguru:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:38 pm 

Jalyha wrote:
Hi Volker :)

Spock's right, we don't have WT employees here, and you should contact them.

But...

While you're waiting, we can always *try* to sort out your problem. :)

If it's not your antivirus or firewall...

Am I right in that you can play ALL the flash games in Internet Explorer,

*Some* games you can not play in other browsers. Is this right?

If so, besides the firewall thing, your other browser might have a setting blocking the flash games.

OR the browser have not updated when you updated flash. (Sometimes, they are slow to get it)

I have the same problem with JAVA sometimes, and sometimes with QUICKTIME players.

What I do is *in same window* go to the update page for the program (FLASH, for you) Click download (but you don't have to run it) and refresh the page. Then go to game again. that way you can be sure your browser updates it.

If I am wrong, and *ALL* browsers show the same problem, I would suggest download the WT console and play your games through there. It opens a special WT browser, and checks the updates as needed.

:pcguru:

Hello,
thank you for answere. i have played all Flash Games in the Game Console Browser and now played in the IExplore.

the direct download of flash player doesn't go to the Game Console

greeting Volker